Half Day Seal Colony Tour
Half Day Seal Colony Tour
The Wild Wellington Nature Tour is a Half Day tour of Wellington’s extraordinary natural flora and fauna including a visit to Tongue Point Seal colony. The wild forces of nature all collide within Wellington’s dramatic landscape. It is home to mythical beasts, is the source of wondrous legends, and has been ravaged by earthquakes and cyclones.
Before we get to the seals, the tour departs from central Wellington and we travel past some of the city’s most famous icons on our way to the suburb of Karori and soon leave the city limits and drive through a real slice of rural New Zealand.
Enjoy an exhilarating journey through Terawhiti Station to the dramatic Seal Coast south of the city. Home of New Zealand’s most modern wind farm, Terawhiti Station is also a working beef and sheep farm.
As we drive through the farm we discuss the history of farming and electricity generation in the area. We will drive you across a live active fault line, over rocky beachfront and around headlands to visit a colony of Wild New Zealand Fur seals. The views on this tour are exceptional – weather permitting, you’ll see the Tasman Sea meet the Pacific Ocean, the tumultuous waters of Cook Strait separating the North and South Islands, and the distant mountain ranges of the South Island.
Fur Seals are at the colony all year round, but peak Seal numbers are May ~ August. The farm is a working farm, so the animals we see will depend on time of year.
|Tour Type:||Guided Nature Tours & Walks|
|From:||Wellington to Wellington|
|Price:||From (NZD) $110 per person|
|3 hour tour|
|Accommodation pick up & drop off|
|Morning or afternoon tea included|
|New Zealand Fur Seal Colony and Farm Entry|
- Frequency: Daily
- Departure Point: Hotel pick up & drop off
- Departure Time: 9:30am or 1:30pm
- Duration: 3 hours
- Return Details: 12:30pm or 16:30pm return to your hotel
- Fur Seals are at the colony all year round, but peak seal numbers are May – August.
- The farm is a working farm, so the animals we see will depend on the time of year.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Child discount is available for children aged 3 to 14. Infants free of charge under 2 years old.
- Medium fitness level required.
There are 1 reviews of this tour from past clients of Relaxing Journeys, averaging 5 out of 5.
Booking Form: Half Day Seal Colony Tour
The Wild Wellington Nature Tour is a Half Day tour of Wellington’s extraordinary natural flora and fauna including a visit to Tongue Point Seal colo... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary