Zealandia by Night
Zealandia by Night
Explore the sanctuary by torchlight as your guide leads you in search of some of the more distinctive sights and sounds of New Zealand’s native forest. Experience many of the rare and endangered species and see those which only come out at night.
See unique species such as wētā, glow worms, tuatara and takahē. Your group may see some of the 130 little spotted kiwi who call ZEALANDIA home - sightings of kiwi are common on these tours (circa 80%), but are not guaranteed.
Gain insights into New Zealand’s natural history and the significance of the unique species within Māori culture. The tour will end with a replenishing cup of hot kawakawa (bushman’s tea) in the Visitors Centre.
|Tour Type:||Guided Nature Tours & Walks|
|From:||Wellington to Wellington|
|Price:||From (NZD) $80 per person|
|Transfer service to and from Wellington i-Site Visitor Centre|
|Fully immersive & interactive exhibition entry|
|Opportunity to experience New Zealand's natural environment|
|Likelihood to see Glowworms, Ruru/Morepork, Longfin Eel, Little Spotted Kiwi, Maud Island Frog, Tuatara, Wētā, Kākā and Takahē|
|Cup of hot kawakawa (bushman's tea) in the visitors centre|
- Frequency: Nightly
- Departure Point: Wellington i-Site Visitor Centre
- Departure Time: Around dusk, to be confirmed at time of booking
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Return Details: Return transfer back to i-Site Visitor Centre included
- We recommend visitors arrive at Zealandia Visitor Centre 15 minutes ahead of their tour.
- We have limited free parking available at Zealandia. Additional free parking is available 500m away in the Birdwood Road carpark
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Child discount is available for children aged 12 to 16
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted
- Dress to the conditions, with comfortable walking shoes, warm clothing and waterproof layer just in case!
Booking Form: Zealandia by Night
Explore the sanctuary by torchlight as your guide leads you in search of some of the more distinctive sights and sounds of New Zealand’s native fore... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary