- Category: Scenic Flights
- From: Queenstown to Queenstown
- Duration: 50 Minute
- Tour Code: HLQ6
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
The majesty of Queenstown is best appreciated from the air. This journey offers dramatic views of the majestic Southern Alps and the Aspiring National Park. Discover the ancient icefalls of glaciers before experiencing an alpine snow landing. Stand in snow surrounded by stunning mountain peaks. Travel through bush covered valleys as you admire unparalleled views of Mount Aspiring and the mighty Rees and Dart River valleys, before traversing Lake Wakatipu’s mysterious northern shores.
The helicopter can hover, and land on some of New Zealand's most remote areas, making it the ideal choice for sightseeing the towering peaks, crevasse filled glaciers and sparkling waterways right up close. Learn about the breathtaking landscape, as your professional pilot delivers an informative commentary en route.
- Breathtaking helicopter flight from Queenstown
- Views of Mount Aspiring and the mighty Rees and Dart River valleys
- Landing on mountain snow & being surrounded by snowy mountain peaks
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Friendly commentary from pilot
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 50-minute scenic flight with snow landing
- Professional guide
- Informative and friendly commentary on board
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: Queenstown Airport, Lucas Place. Shuttle bus from your centrally located Queenstown accommodation can be nominated at time of booking
- Departure Time: Flights leave on demand between 8:00AM & 5PM (Please nominate on booking)
- Duration: 50 Minutes
- Return Details: Flight concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
- Children must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Infants up to 3 years (weighing under 15kg) are free if sitting on an adults knee and not occupying a seat.
- Children are 4-14 years or an infant weighing over 15kg.
- Food and drinks are excluded
- All flights operate subject to suitable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures
- The Operator reserves the right to alter prices, departure times and flight routes or arrange alternative helicopter services
- All flights require a minimum number of 3 passengers for departures. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers
- Fleet predominantly of Squirrel helicopters. Professionally trained pilots with specific experience flying in New Zealand’s alpine environment. All aircraft are maintained and pilots licensed to New Zealand Civil Aviation requirements
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
Enhance Your Visit To New Zealand
If you are joining one of our independent coach tours, escorted coach tours, short break holidays or self drive tours and have a free day or two, why not add the 'Southern Glacier Experience' to your New Zealand itinerary?