- Category: Scenic Flights
- From: Queenstown to Queenstown
- Duration: 30 Minute
- Tour Code: HLQ2
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
On our most popular flights completes a grand circuit of Queenstown - the picture perfect alpine paradise set against a backdrop of the Remarkables mountain range and nestled on the shores of Lake Wakatipu.
Land on the Remarkables Ranges, 1538 metres above Queenstown and understand how they came to be named. In the winter stand in snow whilst breathing the freshest mountain air at the same time as soaking up the stunning scenery spread out below you. Your professional pilot will point out locations from the Lord of the Rings and other films as well as explain the landscape, its geography, and its history.
The helicopter can hover, and land on some of New Zealand's most remote areas, making it the ideal choice for sightseeing Queenstown landmarks like the Shotover River, Skippers Canyon and the Wakatipu Basin.
- Breathtaking helicopter flight from Queenstown
- Views of Mount Aspiring and the mighty Rees and Dart River valleys
- Landing on the mountain & being surrounded by snowy mountain peaks
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Friendly commentary from pilot
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 30 minute scenic flight including seasonal snow landing
- Informative commentary during the flight
- Professionally trained pilot with specific experience flying in New Zealand's alpine environment
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: Queenstown Airport, Lucas Place. Shuttle bus from your centrally located Queenstown accommodation can be nominated at time of booking
- Departure Time: Flights leave on demand between 8:00am & 5:00pm
- Duration: 30 Minutes
- Return Details: Flight concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
- Children must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Infants up to 3 years (weighing under 15kg) are free if sitting on an adults knee and not occupying a seat.
- Children are 4-14 years or an infant weighing over 15kg.
- Food and drinks are excluded
- All flights operate subject to suitable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures
- The Operator reserves the right to alter prices, departure times and flight routes or arrange alternative helicopter services
- All flights require a minimum number of 3 passengers for departures. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers
- Fleet predominantly of Squirrel helicopters. Professionally trained pilots with specific experience flying in New Zealand’s alpine environment. All aircraft are maintained and pilots licensed to New Zealand Civil Aviation requirements
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
Enhance Your Visit To New Zealand
If you are joining one of our independent coach tours, escorted coach tours, short break holidays or self drive tours and have a free day or two, why not add the 'The Grand Circle' to your New Zealand itinerary?