Milford Sound Scenic Flight
Milford Sound Scenic Flight
Take a helicopter flight through New Zealand's most dramatic scenery. This captivating route from Queenstown to Milford Sound, takes you over secluded alpine lakes, lush rainforest, and past rugged peaks.
Experience the grandeur of the Southern Alps en-route and land at The Divide. Fly into the heart of Fiordland National Park experiencing unparalleled views of world famous Milford Sound and Mitre Peak before landing in Milford Sound.
On your return flight you'll fly over the spectacular Tutoko Glacier and land on the alpine snow, before returning to Queenstown.
The helicopter can hover, and land on some of New Zealand's most remote areas, making it the ideal choice for sightseeing Queenstown and Milford Sound landmarks.
|Tour Type:||Scenic Flights|
|From:||Queenstown to Queenstown|
|Price:||From (NZD) $925 per person|
|Duration:||1 1/2 Hour|
|Hotel pickup and drop off|
|1.5 hour guided helicopter flight from Queenstown to Milford Sound return|
|Two helicopter landings|
|Informative commentary during the flight|
|Professionally trained pilot with specific experience flying in New Zealand's alpine environment|
- Breathtaking helicopter flight and views leaving from Queenstown
- Unparalleled views, before landing in world-famous Milford Sound
- Views of Mitre Peak and Tutoko Glacier
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: Queenstown Airport, Lucas Place. Shuttle bus from your centrally located Queenstown accommodation can be nominated at time of booking
- Departure Time: On Demand – October to April
- Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Return Details: Flight concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
- Children must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Children under 4 years (weighing under 15kg) are free if sitting on an adults knee and not occupying a seat.
- Food and drinks are excluded
- All flights operate subject to suitable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures
- The Operator reserves the right to alter prices, departure times and flight routes or arrange alternative helicopter services
- All flights require a minimum number of 3 passengers for departures. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers
- Fleet predominantly of Squirrel helicopters. Professionally trained pilots with specific experience flying in New Zealand’s alpine environment. All aircraft are maintained and pilots licensed to New Zealand Civil Aviation requirements
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
Booking Form: Milford Sound Scenic Flight
Take a helicopter flight through New Zealand's most dramatic scenery. This captivating route from Queenstown to Milford Sound, takes you over secluded... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary