- Category: Scenic Flights
- From: West Coast Glaciers to West Coast Glaciers
- Duration: 30 Minute
- Tour Code: HLF4F
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
Take a helicopter flight over the legendary Fox or Franz Josef Glaciers and snowfields. Your helicopter flies so close you feel you can nearly touch the crevasses and ice forms as they pass below you. Depart Fox Glacier Village then land in the snow above the icefalls of the glacier and experience the magnitude of the scenery surrounding you.
Next it's the impressive presence of Aoraki (Mount Cook), the highest mountain in New Zealand, which will amaze you as you explore it's majestic west face, before the helicopter descends down into the valleys below.
As the helicopter hovers, and then lands you have access to some of New Zealand's most remote areas, and the ideal location for sightseeing the towering peaks, crevasse filled glaciers and sparkling waterways right up close.
- Flying below the peak of the highest mountain in New Zealand, Mt Cook, and feeling close enough to touch it
- Helicopter flight over New Zealand's most famous glaciers
- Landing on the snow and smelling the pure mountain air
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- 30 minute scenic flight with snow landing
- Informative commentary during the flight
- Professionally trained pilot with specific experience flying in New Zealand's alpine environment
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: Fox Glacier
- Departure Time: Flights leave on demand between 8am & 8pm
- Duration: 30 Minutes
- Return Details: Flight concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
- A child is 14 years and under. Children must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Children under 4 years (weighing under 15kg) are free if sitting on an adults knee and not occupying a seat.
- Food and drinks are excluded.
- All flights operate subject to suitable weather conditions
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures
- The Operator reserves the right to alter prices, departure times and flight routes or arrange alternative helicopter services
- All flights require a minimum number of 3 passengers for departures. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers
- New Zealand’s leading Helicopter Company use a fleet predominantly of Squirrel helicopters. Professionally trained pilots with specific experience flying in New Zealand’s alpine environment
- All aircraft are maintained and pilots licensed to New Zealand Civil Aviation requirements
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
Enhance Your Visit To New Zealand
If you are joining one of our independent coach tours, escorted coach tours, short break holidays or self drive tours and have a free day or two, why not add the 'Fox Glacier & Mt Cook' to your New Zealand itinerary?