Heli Twin Glacier
Heli Twin Glacier
Fly over two of New Zealand's most famous glaciers on this 30-minute helicopter flight including a snow landing. Be amazed at the mantle of pure white snow as you land at the head of either the Franz Josef or Fox Glacier. Witness the incredible natural phenomenon of the glaciers as they wind slowly down the carved valleys. This landing site is the perfect place to view their origin in the mountains high above you.
As the helicopter hovers, and then lands you have access to some of New Zealand's most remote areas, and the ideal location for sightseeing the towering peaks, crevasse filled glaciers and sparkling waterways right up close.
|Tour Type:||Scenic Flights|
|From:||West Coast Glaciers to West Coast Glaciers|
|Price:||From (NZD) $385 per person|
|30 minute scenic flight with snow landing|
|Informative commentary during the flight|
|Professionally trained pilot with specific experience flying in New Zealand's alpine environment|
- Helicopter flight over New Zealand’s most famous glaciers
- Landing on the snow and smelling the pure mountain air
- Plenty of photo opportunities
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: Franz Josef or Fox Glacier
- Departure Time: Flights leave on demand between 8AM & 8PM (Please nominate on booking)
- Duration: 30 Minutes
- Return Details: Flight concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
- Children must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Children under 4 years (weighing under 15kg) are free if sitting on an adults knee and not occupying a seat.
- Food and drinks are excluded
- All flights operate subject to suitable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures
- The Operator reserves the right to alter prices, departure times and flight routes or arrange alternative helicopter services
- All flights require a minimum number of 3 passengers for departures. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers
- Fleet predominantly of Squirrel helicopters. Professionally trained pilots with specific experience flying in New Zealand’s alpine environment. All aircraft are maintained and pilots licensed to New Zealand Civil Aviation requirements
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
Booking Form: Heli Twin Glacier
Fly over two of New Zealand's most famous glaciers on this 30-minute helicopter flight including a snow landing. Be amazed at the mantle of pure white... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary