Mt Cook Scenic Flight | Alpine Explorer
Mt Cook Scenic Flight | Alpine Explorer
Experience this magnificent alpine environment with a high scenic flight over the Ben Ohau mountains. See the magnificent landscape change from low rolling hills, to steeper and more rugged as the helicopter rises above scarred ridges left by the ancient glaciers.
Fly close to the steep ridges and rise over a mountain pass that reveals superb views out to Aoraki/Mount Cook and its surrounding peaks. Prepare yourself for an amazing landing on the Richardson Glacier where you will be able to step out of the helicopter and play in the snow. Enjoy expansive views down the Tasman Valley on your return to Glentanner Park at the head of Lake Pukaki.
The helicopter can hover, and land on some of New Zealand's most remote areas, which is the ideal location for sightseeing the towering peaks, crevasse filled glaciers and sparkling waterways right up close, as your professional pilot delivers an informative commentary en route.
|Tour Type:||Scenic Flights|
|From:||Mt Cook to Mt Cook|
|Price:||From (NZD) $415 per person|
|Hotel pickup and drop off|
|35 minute scenic flight with snow landing|
|Informative commentary during the flight|
|Professionally trained pilot with specific experience flying in New Zealand's alpine environment|
- Flying below the peak of the highest mountain in New Zealand, Mt Cook, and feeling close enough to touch it
- Helicopter flight over New Zealand’s lesser known glacier
- Landing on the snow and smelling the pure mountain air
- Plenty of photo opportunities
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: The Helicopter Mount Cook base operates from Glentanner Park, situated only 15 minutes drive from the Aoraki/Mount Cook Village and the Hermitage Hotel. Shuttle bus from your centrally located Mount Cook or Twizel accommodation can be nominated at time of booking
- Departure Time: Flights leave on demand between 8:30AM & 5:00PM (Please nominate on booking)
- Duration: 35 Minutes
- Return Details: Flight concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
- Children must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Infants up to 3 years (weighing under 15kg) are free if sitting on an adults knee and not occupying a seat.
- Children are 4-14 years or an infant weighing over 15kg.
- Food and drinks are excluded
- All flights operate subject to suitable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures
- The Operator reserves the right to alter prices, departure times and flight routes or arrange alternative helicopter services
- All flights require a minimum number of 3 passengers for departures. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers
- Fleet predominantly of Squirrel helicopters. Professionally trained pilots with specific experience flying in New Zealand’s alpine environment. All aircraft are maintained and pilots licensed to New Zealand Civil Aviation requirements
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
Booking Form: Mt Cook Scenic Flight | Alpine Explorer
Experience this magnificent alpine environment with a high scenic flight over the Ben Ohau mountains. See the magnificent landscape change from low ro... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary