- Category: Scenic Flights
- Avge Rating: 4.5 (2 Reviews)
- From: Mt Cook to Mount Cook
- Duration: 40 Minute
- Tour Code: HLC2
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
Fly past the rugged face of the Tasman Glacier enroute to the spectacular Hochstetter Icefall. Take in views of the eastern face of Aoraki (Mount Cook) and the upper Tasman Glacier, New Zealand's longest glacier.
Step out of a helicopter and stand on snow atop New Zealand's highest mountain, Aoraki (Mount Cook). Experience it with New Zealand's premier helicopter scenic flight. Enjoy incredible scenery from this amazing alpine region near the Tasman Glacier, and see how The Southern Alps divide New Zealand's South Island.
The helicopter can hover and land on some of New Zealand's most remote areas, which is the ideal location for sightseeing the towering peaks, crevasse filled glaciers and sparkling waterways right up close, as your professional pilot delivers an informative commentary en route.
Fly home through the heart of the Burnett Mountains and marvel at the grandeur of the Mackenzie Basin.
- Flying below the peak of the highest mountain in New Zealand, Mt Cook, and feeling close enough to touch it
- Helicopter flight over New Zealand's most famous glaciers
- Landing on the snow and smelling the pure mountain air
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 40 minute scenic flight with snow landing
- Informative commentary during the flight
- Professionally trained pilot with specific experience flying in New Zealand's alpine environment
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: The Helicopter Mount Cook base operates from Glentanner Park, situated only 15 minutes drive from the Aoraki/Mount Cook Village and the Hermitage Hotel. Shuttle bus from your centrally located Mount Cook or Twizel accommodation can be nominated at time of booking
- Departure Time: Flights leave on demand between 8:30AM & 5:00PM (Please nominate on booking)
- Duration: 40 Minutes
- Return Details: Flight concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
- Children must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Infants up to 3 years (weighing under 15kg) are free if sitting on an adults knee and not occupying a seat.
- Children are 4-14 years or an infant weighing over 15kg.
- Food and drinks are excluded
- All flights operate subject to suitable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures
- The Operator reserves the right to alter prices, departure times and flight routes or arrange alternative helicopter services
- All flights require a minimum number of 3 passengers for departures. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers
- Fleet predominantly of Squirrel helicopters. Professionally trained pilots with specific experience flying in New Zealand’s alpine environment. All aircraft are maintained and pilots licensed to New Zealand Civil Aviation requirements
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
Enhance Your Visit To New Zealand
If you are joining one of our independent coach tours, escorted coach tours, short break holidays or self drive tours and have a free day or two, why not add the 'Mountains High' to your New Zealand itinerary?
Tourism Industry Affiliations:
Mountains High Reviews
Reviews from past clients of Relaxing Journeys. 2 Reviews. Average Rating 4.5 of 5.
5It was wonderful! From the booking process (with Mani) to the actual flight, everyone was super helpful and very friendly. The weather wasn't cooperative at the time I had scheduled, so they rescheduled me for later. The flight was spectacular! Richard, our pilot was very friendly and informative. I loved flying over both sides of the mountains as they are very different. Well worth it!
- Overall Tour Rating
- Value For Money
- Tour Pace
- Relaxing Journeys Experience
4We very much enjoyed the tour. Opportunities for improvement include getting us back to our tour bus quicker (we had a bit of a wait) and a more friendly pilot.