Hobbiton Express Tour from Tauranga
Hobbiton Express Tour from Tauranga
First cross the harbour bridge, which offers great views of The Mount, the volcanic core 232m high which marks the entrance to the harbour of Tauranga. You will then climb up to over 1000 feet to cross the Kaimai mountain range which divides the Bay of Plenty coastal region from the Waikato district, the main dairy farming area of New Zealand.
Soon arrive at Hobbiton, the movie set location for the village in the Lord of The Rings films and of course The Hobbit movie trilogy. Here we will be met by our private guide for an informative tour around the movie set location. Stand under the party tree, walk past the Hobbit holes & imagine yourself amongst the characters.
Nestled deep in the rolling hills of the Waikato, this location was chosen for it unblemished landscape. Time is available for you to purchase a light lunch at the Green Dragon Pub as featured in the movies, before starting the journey back to Tauranga.
We stop at the summit of the Kaimai ranges at over 1000ft above sea level for some great photo opportunities overlooking the valley far below and extinct Volcanoes in the distance. Time permitting, stop briefly at a local honey centre to see the hives and taste some of the special local Manuka honey, and perhaps indulge in a tasty honey ice cream.
Finally we return to the ship, passing millionaires waterfront homes lining the beautiful golden sand beaches of Mount Maunganui.
Note: Departures coincide with cruise ship arrivals only.
|Tour Type:||Cruise Ship Shore Excursions|
|From:||Tauranga to Tauranga|
|Price:||From (NZD) $175 per person|
|Tour at Hobbiton|
- Great scenery
- The Hobbiton Movie Set
- Green Dragon Pub
- Honey Centre & bees
- Tauranga City Sights
- Frequency: Departures coincide with cruise ship arrivals.
- Departure Point: This tour departs from the Port Gates at 10am just a few minutes walk from the gangway.
- Departure Time: If the ship arrives after 10:00am then the tour will begin 30 minutes after arrival, or as soon as passengers can depart. Should the ship leave earlier than 60 minutes after the tour is due to end we may shorten the tour.
- Duration: 5 1/2 hours approximately
- Return Details: Tour ends at 16:00pm
- Closed: This tour only operates on days cruise ships arrive into Tauranga.
- This tour requires some walking on well made paths, gentle inclines and some steps.
- No meals are included in this tour but time for lunch at Shire’s Rest or the Green Dragon Pub is allowed.
- Child rates for 5-9 years & 10-14 years.
- The infant option guarantees children aged 0-3 years a seat onboard the coach. If a ticket is not purchased then the infant may have to sit on an adults lap. If you have a suitable baby or infant seat, then this can be used, or you may be able to hire one from the operator. It is the parents choice as to how their children travel on the vehicles provided on the day.
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher.
There are 30 reviews of this tour from past clients of Relaxing Journeys, averaging 4.8 out of 5.
Booking Form: Hobbiton Express Tour from Tauranga
First cross the harbour bridge, which offers great views of The Mount, the volcanic core 232m high which marks the entrance to the harbour of Tauranga... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary