- Category: Cruise Ship Tours
- From: Auckland to Auckland
- Duration: 1/2 Day
- Tour Code: AKL1
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
This 4-hour tour of Auckland includes the main city sights and most famous landmarks!
Begin by heading into the central city to view New Zealand’s tallest building, the Sky Tower, then to the Auckland Domain, location of the Auckland Museum and Cenotaph. Unfortunately, there is not enough time to explore the Museum but perhaps on your next visit! Continuing East along the waterfront to Bastion Point, a place of great significance in Auckland's recent history. Take in the beautiful views of the harbour while your guide explains the history of the location.
Then it’s back down to the waterfront drive to the affluent suburbs of Mission Bay and St Helliers, passing by some of Auckland's most expensive homes.
Visit the Auckland Domain, location of the Auckland Museum and where our ANZAC ceremony is held each year. Unfortunately, there is not enough time to explore the Museum but perhaps on your next visit!
It's time for a break as you visit this very secluded garden, Eden Gardens, located close to Government House. Here you have time to buy a light snack or just wander through the beautiful gardens exploring the many plant collections including perennials, vireyas, camellias, bromeliads and native New Zealand plants. There is always something in bloom!
Leaving the gardens, you will drive north through the trendy suburb of Ponsonby before crossing the iconic Auckland Harbour Bridge which offers some great views out over the Hauraki, to Takapuna and Devonport on the North Shore.
Your tour ends at the ferry terminal and a ticket is included to return across the harbour to Auckland where your cruise ship is only a 5 minute walk away. The ferries from Devonport run every half hour and is only a 12 minute journey, so you could stay in Devonport to explore the many boutique shops, or enjoy lunch at one of the many cafes or explore some of the historic buildings and museums.
- Small Group Tour
- Auckland Domain
- Auckland Harbour Bridge
- Bastion Point with harbour views
- Historic Devonport and North Head
- Mission Bay and St Heliers
- Comfortable air conditioned transport
- Ferry ticket from Devonport to Auckland
- Experienced driver/guide with full commentary throughout
- Pick up and drop off to the cruise ship tenders
- Entry to Eden Gardens
- Frequency: Departures coincide with cruise ship arrivals.
- Departure Point: Princes or Queens Wharf (depending on where your ship is berthed)
- Departure Time: 9.30am
- Duration: 4 hours approximately
- Return Details: Tour ends at 13:30pm
- Closed: This tour only operates on days cruise ships arrive into Auckland
- Availability is very limited, Please email or make contact with a Relaxing Journeys consultant first to check availability before booking via the website.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as there is some walking during the tour
- There is an option to leave the tour at Devonport and take the Fullers ferry back to the cruise terminal (own expense).
- Children under 4 year olds can travel free of charge and are not assigned a seat unless a seat is required then child rates apply
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher.
- Voted #1 on Trip Advisor and award winners 2014, 2015 and 2016