- Category: Cruise Ship Tours
- From: Auckland to Auckland
- Duration: 1 Day
- Tour Code: AKL1
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
This 6-hour tour of Auckland includes the main city sights and most famous landmarks!
Begin by heading East along the waterfront with your first stop at Bastion Point, a place of great significance in Auckland's recent history. Take in the beautiful views of the harbour while your guide explains the history of the location.
Then it’s back down to the waterfront drive to the affluent suburbs of Mission Bay and St Heliers, passing by some of Auckland's most expensive homes.
Visit the Auckland Domain, location of the Auckland Museum and where our ANZAC ceremony is held each year. Unfortunately, there is not enough time to explore the Museum but perhaps on your next visit!
It's time for a break as you visit this very secluded garden, Eden Gardens, located close to Government House. Here you have time to buy a light snack or lunch at the café or just wander through the beautiful gardens exploring the many plant collections including perennials, vireyas, camellias, bromeliads and native New Zealand plants. There is always something in bloom.
After lunch drive north through the trendy suburb of Ponsonby before crossing the iconic Auckland Harbour Bridge which offers some great views, to Takapuna and Devonport on the North Shore where you will explore North, Mt Victoria and finally Devonport itself.
You have the option here to catch the Fullers ferry back to Auckland city (own expense) to further explore Devonport, if time allows, or return to your ship with your guide.
- Small Group Tour
- Auckland Domain
- Auckland Harbour Bridge
- Bastion Point with harbour views
- Historic Devonport and North Head
- Mission Bay and St Heliers
- Comfortable air conditioned transport
- Experienced driver/guide with full commentary throughout
- Pick up and drop off to the cruise ship tenders
- Entry to Eden Gardens
- Frequency: Departures coincide with cruise ship arrivals.
- Departure Point: Princes or Queens Wharf (depending on where your ship is berthed)
- Departure Time: 10.00am
- Duration: 6 hours approximately
- Return Details: Tour ends at 16:00pm
- Closed: This tour only operates on days cruise ships arrive into Auckland
- Availability is very limited, Please email or make contact with a Relaxing Journeys consultant first to check availability before booking via the website.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as there is some walking during the tour
- There is an option to leave the tour at Devonport and take the Fullers ferry back to the cruise terminal (own expense).
- Children under 4 year olds can travel free of charge and are not assigned a seat unless a seat is required then child rates apply
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher.
- Voted #1 on Trip Advisor and award winners 2014, 2015 and 2016