- Category: Scenic Flights
- Avge Rating: 5 (2 Reviews)
- From: Bay of Islands to Bay of Islands
- Duration: 20 Minute
- Tour Code: SA4
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
Take a scenic helicopter flight over the beautiful Bay of islands. Fly over the crystal clear turquoise waters of the main island group to the world famous “Hole in the Rock”.
The townships of Russell, Paihia & Waitangi are also viewed from the air.
Flight duration is approximately 20 minutes.
- 20 minute helicopter flight over the Bay of Islands
- Informative and friendly commentary
- Trying to count the 144 islands in the Bay of Islands
- Marvelling at the rock formations of Hole in the Rock and Grand Cathedral Cave
- Watching out for playful dolphins, orca whales, penguins, seals and bird life, commonly found within the sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Weekdays. All year round
- Departure Point: Salt Air Paihia Helipad, on the waterfront adjacent to Paihia Wharf
- Departure Time: Helicopter hole in the rock - these depart on demand from the Paihia helipad on the waterfront. Starting 9.00am first flight, usually around 6.00pm last flight.
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Closed: Christmas Day
- Child fares are the same as adult fares however infants under 4 years may travel on a parent's lap free of charge
- All helicopter flights operate with a minimum of two passengers
- Adverse weather conditions may mean that scheduled itinerary cannot proceed as intended. If adverse weather means that you are unable to complete the full tour then any refund will be adjusted on a pro rata basis dependant on the flying time involved
- All flights operate subject to minimum 2 passengers
- Only experienced pilots, driver & guides are used
- All aircraft are maintained and pilots licensed to New Zealand Civil Aviation requirements
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
Enhance Your Visit To New Zealand
If you are joining one of our independent coach tours, escorted coach tours, short break holidays or self drive tours and have a free day or two, why not add the 'Helicopter - Hole in the Rock' to your New Zealand itinerary?
Tourism Industry Affiliations:
Helicopter - Hole in the Rock Reviews
Reviews from past clients of Relaxing Journeys. 2 Reviews. Average Rating 5.0 of 5.
5We had an absolute fantastic flight over the Bay of Islands, our pilot was very informative & easy to get on with, I thank you Toni very much for arranging this trip for us & would not hesitate to recommend you to all & sundry...hope to see you again some time!
5We had a lovely trip- great day, & certainly the best way to see the Bay of Islands & get a perspective of just how beautiful the place is. The pilot was very helpful answering any questions about the place, and we even got to see a few dolphins swimming about! Thanks for a great trip.