Te Anau Glowworm Caves Ex Queenstown
Te Anau Glowworm Caves Ex Queenstown
Return luxury coach transport from Queenstown to Te Anau before some free time in Te Anau. There is 4-5hrs (6:55am departure) or 1-2hrs (9:00am departure) of free time in Te Anau prior to the caves departure at 2pm.
Cruise across Lake Te Anau on board a modern catamaran Luminosa to Cavern House located on the western shores. This purpose built vessel has large outdoor viewing areas and a spacious cabin. The crew will share stories about the natural history and early pioneers of the region.
On arrival, join the specialist nature guide for your Te Anau Glowworm Caves experience. Above ground the nature guide will detail aspects of the caves and its various inhabitants in the visitor interpretation centre. Then below ground there is a twisting network of limestone passages filled with the whirlpools and waterfalls of the Tunnel Burn Stream. By geological standards, the caves are very young and are still being carved out by the force of this river that flows through them.
Follow the path deep underground before transferring into small boats to drift silently along the river below a display of the New Zealand glowworm; thousands of glowworms inhabit a silent hidden grotto.
Retrace your steps out of the caves and return to Te Anau by catamaran and to Queenstown by luxury coach.
Note: A reasonable agility level is necessary (some bending is required due to low caves entrance and steps are involved). Not suitable for wheelchair clients or heeled shoes. Suitable for passengers of all ages except infants.
|Tour Type:||Scenic Coach Day Tours|
|From:||Queenstown to Queenstown|
|Price:||From (NZD) $183 per person|
|Luxury coach transport from Queenstown to Te Anau & return|
|Cruise across Lake Te Anau on board the catamaran Luminosa to Cavern House|
|Complimentary tea and coffee at Cavern House|
|Nature guide on from visitor interpretation centre to limestone passages along the Tunnel Burn Stream, including a ride in a small boat to view the glowworms|
|Light refreshments are available for purchase at Cavern House and on board the Luminosa|
|Interpretation handouts are available at Cavern House in English, German, Japanese and Chinese. Information plaques in the Cavern House interpretation display and on the nature walk are in English, German, Japanese and Chinese|
|Pick up / drop offs from select Queenstown accommodations|
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown or selected accommodation properties in the Queenstown area
- Departure Time: 6.55am (all year) & 9.00am (1 Oct-17 May)
- Duration: 12 hours 20 minutes (11 hours, 50 minutes in summer) (approximately)
- Return Details: 7.30pm (all year)
- Closed: Christmas Day
- There is 4-5hrs (6:55am departure) or 1-2hrs (9:00am departure) of free time in Te Anau prior to the caves departure at 2pm.
- Child ages are 5-14 years inclusive
- What to Bring: Comfortable walking shoes, waterproof jacket, warm clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent and camera
- Photography and video filming are not permitted inside the caves
- Experienced nature guides have extensive knowledge of the Te Anau and the caves
- Cruise on the Luminosa, a high speed aluminium cruising catamaran
- Luxury 47 seater Volvo coaches with reclining seats and air conditioning.
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
There are 14 reviews of this tour from past clients of Relaxing Journeys, averaging 4.4 out of 5.
Booking Form: Te Anau Glowworm Caves Ex Queenstown
Return luxury coach transport from Queenstown to Te Anau before some free time in Te Anau. There is 4-5hrs (6:55am departure) or 1-2hrs (9:00am depart... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary