- Category: Cruises & Sailing Adventures
- Avge Rating: 5 (1 Reviews)
- From: Queenstown to Queenstown
- Duration: 1 Day
- Tour Code: RJ202
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
On boarding a luxury coach in Queenstown, travel along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and through rolling countryside to Te Anau for a morning tea break. From Te Anau, the coach then continues along the spectacular Milford Road through impressive alpine scenery. There is time for photo stops and short walks along the way. The coach driver provides a commentary and interpretation material is available in foreign languages.
On reaching Milford Sound board a Nature Cruise for a leisurely cruise the full length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea. Nature Cruises have a relaxed and flexible itinerary that allows plenty of time to enjoy the scenery and wildlife and have special appeal for the independent traveller. An on board nature guide with specialist knowledge of the region’s history, flora and fauna provides detailed interpretation in English with a roving microphone.
There is plenty of time available to explore points of interest and view the spectacular alpine scenery including waterfalls, rainforest and the towering peaks; and keep a lookout for wildlife including seals, dolphins and penguins when in season. Lunch options and complimentary tea and coffee are available on all vessels.
Following the cruise, there is a coach transfer to the Milford airport to board a twin engine aircraft for the return flight to Queenstown (weather permitting). During the 35 minute scenic flight, there are panoramic views of the spectacular alpine scenery including glaciers, rivers, lakes and rainforest. Transfers are provided to accommodation on arrival at Queenstown airport.
- Luxury coach transport from Queenstown to Milford Sound
- Extended Nature Cruise along the full length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea for 2hrs 30mins (2 hrs in winter)
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Scenic 35 minute flight back to Queenstown
- *Picnic Lunch (at additional cost and must be pre-ordered). Café style food is available for purchase on board the vessels
- Pick up / drop offs from select Queenstown accommodations
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown or selected accommodation properties in the Queenstown area
- Departure Times: 07:15am (Nov-Apr) or 06:55am (Oct & May-Sep)
- Duration: 9 1/2 hours (approximately)
- Return Details: 17:10pm (Nov-Apr) or 16:10pm (Oct & May-Sep)
- Closed: Christmas Day
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Child ages are 5-14 years inclusive (0-4 years years are free if sitting on a lap, but if a seat is required a child fare must be paid)
- What to Bring: Comfortable shoes, waterproof jacket, warm clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent and camera
- Specialist commentary in English is provided on board the vessel and by the coach driver. Interpretation handouts are available in the following languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Thai
- Luxury 47 seater Volvo coaches with reclining seats and air conditioning.
- Experienced drivers have extensive knowledge of the Queenstown, Te Anau and Fiordland regions
- Cruise on the Milford Mariner, Milford Wanderer or MV Sinbad. The vessel used for the nature cruise may interchange to suit operational and capacity requirements
- *Picnic lunch contains sandwich (fresh salad & cold meat), Scroggin energy mix, Fruit juice, Cheese and crackers, Cookie, Fresh fruit (seasonal) & Complimentary tea or coffee
- Aircraft: 3x 9-seater Britten Norman Islanders, 3x 7-seater GA8 Airvans and 1x 5-seater Cessna 206. All flights operate subject to weather.
Enhance Your Visit To New Zealand
If you are joining one of our independent coach tours, escorted coach tours, short break holidays or self drive tours and have a free day or two, why not add the 'Milford Sound (Coach - Nature Cruise - Fly)' to your New Zealand itinerary?
Tourism Industry Affiliations:
Milford Sound (Coach - Nature Cruise - Fly) Reviews
Reviews from past clients of Relaxing Journeys. 1 Reviews. Average Rating 5.0 of 5.
5Sally was really obliging with organizing the tour for us and we really appreciated all her assistance and insight. The tour itself was amazing and I would recommend it to everyone. The bus ride there seems long and daunting but the sights along the way are well worth the trip. I would recommend coaching there and flying back though because 50% of all flights get cancelled depending on the weather on the day so it's safer to bus-cruise-fly as opposed to fly-cruise-fly, even though that'll half your travel time. All in all, well worth the money and got a lot of incredible pictures out of it. A must do if you have several days in queenstown.
- Overall Tour Rating
- Value For Money
- Tour Pace
- Relaxing Journeys Experience