Rotorua Canopy Tour
Rotorua Canopy Tour
Soar through the trees and experience New Zealand’s ancient forest like never before – in two unforgettable zipline adventures. Step into a lost world and come face to face with towering trees and native flora untouched for centuries in one of the most intact native eco-systems you’ll find anywhere in New Zealand. Immerse yourself in this breathtaking country the way it once was – and hear the inimitable birdsong of New Zealand native birds including Tuis, North Island Robins, Kereru and Tomtits in their natural habitat.
There are two unique eco-tour experiences to choose from, featuring a network of ziplines, suspended swingbridges, treetop platforms and forest trails, as you journey deep into 500 hectares of ancient forest. Get below the surface, above the trees, learn about the past and become part of the future. Voted TripAdvisor’s #1 Nature Activity in the world – it’s an adventure not to be missed
This is an all-weather experience and the canopy in wet weather is magical beyond belief!
|Tour Type:||Adventure Tours|
|From:||Rotorua to Rotorua|
|Price:||From (NZD) $149 per person|
|3 hour zipline experience|
|6 ziplines up to 220 metres long and 40 metres above forest floor|
|Travel a 1.2 kilometre network of ziplines, swingbridges, treetop platforms and walking trails deep in virgin New Zealand native forest|
|Treetop platforms 22 metres high up 500 year old trees|
|Tree to tree swing bridges up to 50 metres long|
|2 highly trained & knowledgeable guides|
|High quality wet weather clothing if raining|
|Inner city hotel pick-ups are available on request|
- Frequency: Daily all year round
- Departure Point: 147 Fairy Springs Road, Rotorua or pick-up is available from inner city accommodations
- Departure Time: 10.00am & 1.00pm (Sep-Mar 10.00am, 1.00pm & 4.00pm)
- Duration: Allow approx 3 1/2 hours
- Return Details: Tour concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
What To Bring
- Closed toe footwear is essential.
- Camera or small video recording device (a wrist or neck strap is recommended)
- Extra layer of clothing
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Participants under 18 years of age will need parental consent form signed
- Minimum weight limit is 30kg and maximum weight limit is 120kg
- 10 passengers maximum per tour
- Participants should be in average fitness as there is approximately 750 metres of walking involved
- The operator may cancel or postpone tours due to high winds and electrical storms or when they determine it is unsafe to operate
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
There are 3 reviews of this tour from past clients of Relaxing Journeys, averaging 5 out of 5.
Booking Form: Rotorua Canopy Tour
Soar through the trees and experience New Zealand’s ancient forest like never before – in two unforgettable zipline adventures. Step into a lost w... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary