The Wildlife Estuary Tour
The Wildlife Estuary Tour
Only 5 minutes from the Napier City Centre. Journey with us through the wildlife protected Ahuriri Estuary, the biologically diverse gem of Napier. We offer exclusive and private tours of what was once a highly prized lagoon valued for its seafood, bird life, and natures biodiversity. Share in the discovery of our creation story and the gods and guardians of our natural world.
Observe and participate in our traditional food gathering practices once used by our ancestors and still successfully practiced today. Feast on your catch where it's cooked and served with fresh Māori seafood and traditional culinary delights. This gastronomic experience will enlighten you in how the Māori culture gained a superior physique. Enjoy in our legendary stories and local history of this region.
A basic fitness level is recommended. This tour is guided by the timing of low tide in the Ahuriri Estuary.
|Tour Type:||Cultural & Theme Tours|
|From:||Napier to Napier|
|Price:||From (NZD) $650 per person|
|Site: Ahuriri Estuary, Meeanee Quay Napier|
|Engaging in a traditional Māori welcome.|
|Intimate and educational insight into the evolution of Māori culture and history.|
|Environmental connection with our land through native tree planting and food gathering of ancestral food.|
|Historical stories of the Hawke’s Bay and Napier landscape.|
|Open air picnic of culinary degustation offerings.|
|Our exclusive tours include transportation within Napier in our Eco Hybrid Electric 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander.|
|*The Wildlife Estuary Tour timing is dictated by low tide.|
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure & Return Details: Pickup & drop off from Napier & Hawke’s Bay accommodation
- Departure Time: 9:30am
- Duration: 4.5 hours (approximate)
- Return Time: 2.00pm
- Closed: Christmas Day
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Our tours are suited for up to 6 people. With a minimum of 2 adults for tours to depart.
- All Children must be accompanied by at least two adults.
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher.
- Child discounts applies to children ages from 6-18 years inclusive.
- Children aged from 0-5 years are free of charge.
- Experienced driver-guides providing full commentary.
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and drop-off service from Napier & Hawke’s Bay hotels. Pick-up and drop-off details must be advised at the time of booking.
Booking Form: The Wildlife Estuary Tour
Only 5 minutes from the Napier City Centre. Journey with us through the wildlife protected Ahuriri Estuary, the biologically diverse gem of Napier. We... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary