Glacier Explorer Boat Trip
Glacier Explorer Boat Trip
The Tasman Glacier, New Zealand’s largest, and one of the only accessible glacial lakes containing icebergs in the world!
Travel by bus from the Hermitage Hotel to the Tasman Valley, followed by a 30 minute alpine walk through the moraine and National Park.
An experienced guide will then whisk you away across the rapidly growing terminal lake in a stable MAC Boat, taking in spectacular mountain views and scenery and the melting ice-face of the Tasman Glacier.
View the Tasman Glacier ice face from a safe distance and icebergs of all shapes and sizes with the opportunity to touch and taste the 300-500 year old ice crystals.
|Tour Type:||Guided Nature Tours & Walks|
|From:||Mt Cook to Mt Cook|
|Price:||From (NZD) $170 per person|
|Duration:||2 1/2 Hour|
|Return transport from the Hermitage Hotel|
|An unforgettable experience|
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. September to May (subject to road & lake conditions)
- Departure Point: Activities desk inside the foyer of The Hermitage Hotel, Terrace Road, Aoraki Mount Cook Village
- Departure Time: 8.00am, 9.30am, 11:00am, 12.30pm, 2:00pm, 3.30pm & 5:00pm
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Return Details: The Hermitage Hotel
What You Should Bring
- A smile and sense of adventure!
- Camera with plenty of memory
- Layers on top (warm and waterproof), sunblock, sunhat and sunglasses, long pants and walking shoes. Be prepared for the elements.
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Check in required 30 minutes before scheduled departure
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English. A printed navigator in Japanese/Chinese/Korean is available at check in.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
The Glacier lake freezes over winter so the start of the season is subject to the lake thawing In the event of unfavourable weather conditions the tour may be cancelled. This decision is made by the Head Guide just before each trip based on weather and lake conditions. An alternative trip time or full refund is offered under such circumstances.
Made in New Zealand, our custom built MAC boats are virtually indestructible and the first choice in safety and durability. They are fully moulded polythene one-piece double skinned pontoon boats made from quality virgin polythene. They’re impervious to osmosis and corrosion, designed to survive New Zealand’s extreme UV level and have a low environmental impact because the polythene is fully recyclable and colour fast.
There are 37 reviews of this tour from past clients of Relaxing Journeys, averaging 4.8 out of 5.
Booking Form: Glacier Explorer Boat Trip
The Tasman Glacier, New Zealand’s largest, and one of the only accessible glacial lakes containing icebergs in the world! Travel by bus from the ... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary