- Category: Wine, Food & Vineyard Tours
- Avge Rating: 5 (1 Reviews)
- From: Auckland to Auckland
- Duration: 1/2 Day
- Tour Code: GTTTOKWL
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
The wineries of Kumeu date back to the 1930s when wine families of Croatian origin established winemaking in the area. These families are still living and working in the area today, making some of New Zealand's most renowned wines. These vineyards contrast with the spectacular coastal scenery of the area.
Your first tasting is at award winning Soljans Vineyard. By skilfully marrying traditional with modern techniques, they produce stylish, richly flavoured wines. Enjoy lunch at Soljans Winery restaurant which has been built with sunshine in mind and serves Mediterranean-style food with a New Zealand twist, showcasing fresh seasonal produce from around the region. Next to tempt the taste buds is Matua Valley Wines who offer an extensive range of wines for every unique taste and occasion. You can choose from premium wine that has been crafted to cellar, right through to the everyday offering, ready to enjoy now.
Next you visit one of the region’s special places where you have the chance to see one of the world’s largest seabirds in their natural environment. Your journey takes you to one of the few mainland gannet nesting sites in the world situated on the cliff-tops overlooking the Tasman Sea. Here you get a close-up of gannet behaviour without disturbing their environment. The views extend for miles along the wild, black, iron sand beach of Muriwai.
Your final tasting is at West Brook Winery. The West Brook cellar door looks across an idyllic duck pond and terraced picnic area to row after row of vines. The wines reflect true varietal character and their unique regional origins. Without exception they are premium quality and have won numerous awards.
- Visit 3 award-winning wineries & wine tastings
- Vineyard lunch with a glass of wine
- Muriwai Beach (with gannet colony August to April)
- Free pick up & drop off from inner city accommodation
- Luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- Frequency: Departs daily
- Departure Point: Free pick up & drop off from inner city accommodation
- Departure Time: at 12.30pm
- Duration: 4.5 hours approximately
- Return Details: Tour returns at 5:15pm
- Closed: Christmas Day, Public Holidays
- Minimum 2 people required to book this tour.
- Wineries and lunch location included may change depending on day of week
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher.
Enhance Your Visit To New Zealand
If you are joining one of our independent coach tours, escorted coach tours, short break holidays or self drive tours and have a free day or two, why not add the 'Taste of Kumeu' to your New Zealand itinerary?
Tourism Industry Affiliations:
Taste of Kumeu Reviews
Reviews from past clients of Relaxing Journeys. 1 Reviews. Average Rating 5.0 of 5.
5We had a great tour with excellent guides. An absolutely magic day.
- Overall Tour Rating
- Value For Money
- Tour Pace
- Relaxing Journeys Experience