Gannet Private Sunrise Tour
Gannet Private Sunrise Tour
Gannet Safaris Overland offer various options for discovering the wonders of Cape Kidnappers gannet colony in Hawke's Bay. Gannet Safaris has been guiding visitors over Cape Kidnappers for over 50 years. It’s the only tour which drives to within metres of the remarkable gannets – no walking required -
The East Cape of New Zealand is the first in the world to see the sunrise each day. Enjoy a unique tour to Cape Kidnappers and watch the sun rise over the gannets – Its absolutely stunning
Travel in our Range an exclusive tour to this iconic site – the largest accessible mainland gannet colony in the world. When at the colony, you'll be memorised by the spectacular birds with their eye markings and golden crowns. Be within just a few feet of adults and chicks nesting, preening themselves and performing their courtship dance.
This unique tour to the Cape Kidnappers Gannet Colony is your personal encounter with these remarkable birds, situated at the impressive Cape itself. Our 4x4 Range Rover will take you on your private tour overland through Cape Kidnappers Station, approximately 2,500 hectares, whilst being given the story of it’s fascinating history.
While at the plateau we will serve you a gourmet breakfast of croissants, ham & cheese, pastries, muesli, yogurt, fresh fruit - plunger coffee and fresh juice.
Departure time will vary depending on which day. Departures will aim to leave 1 hour before sunrise from the base at Te Awanga.
|Tour Type:||Guided Nature Tours & Walks|
|From:||Napier to Napier|
|Price:||From (NZD) $995 per person|
|Private transport in a Range Rover for 1-4 people|
|Transfers from most Napier accommodation|
|Gourmet breakfast - pastries, cheese, salami, croissants, muesli, yogurt, fresh fruit, plunder coffee, juice.|
- Frequency: Daily from 01 Sep – 30 Apr.
- Departure & Return Details: Pickup & drop off from Napier accommodation
- Departure Time: 1 and ½ hours before sunrise
- Duration: 3 hours (approximate)
- Closed: Christmas Day
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothes and flat shoes are recommended
Booking Form: Gannet Private Sunrise Tour
Gannet Safaris Overland offer various options for discovering the wonders of Cape Kidnappers gannet colony in Hawke's Bay. Gannet Safaris has been gui... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary