Cape Reinga & Ninety Mile Beach Tour
Cape Reinga & Ninety Mile Beach Tour
Departing from the Bay of Islands, this full day tour takes us to Cape Reinga, at the very top tip of New Zealand. Uncover the wild beauty of this vast and untouched region that is rich in Maori culture and tradition. As you travel north, enjoy a taste of New Zealand's varying and beautiful landscape: the rolling hills of Northland's rural countryside, breath-taking coastal views and native forest.
Drive along the sand on Ninety Mile Beach as the waves crash beside the custom-built coach. Feel the sand between your toes as you help your driver guide dig for shellfish (conditions permitting). Your off-road journey continues up Te Paki Stream, stopping at the massive sand dunes where you can experience the thrills and spills of sand-boarding. Clambering up and surfing down the dunes (if you dare!) is sure to get your heart pumping.
Visit the Puketi Kauri Forest and get up close to ancient and majestic giant kauri trees and native bush. Stroll along an elevated walkway as these graceful giants surround you, and learn about conservation efforts to preserve the forest today.
As you approach Cape Reinga, hear the stories of this significant site where, according to Māori legend, spirits depart on their journey home to Hawaiki. Enjoy spectacular panoramic views, visit the iconic lighthouse, and see the point where the Tasman Sea and the mighty Pacific Ocean come crashing together.
During your tour you'll also experience another Kiwi icon during an exclusive stop at the Houhora Game Fishing Club - a lunch of delicious fresh fish and chips! A vegetarian option is available - please make your selection when booking your tour. Your journey home will be equally enjoyable as your tour guide's combination of local insight, extensive historical knowledge and fantastic sense of humour create an unforgettable adventure.
|Tour Type:||Adventure Tours|
|From:||Bay of Islands to Bay of Islands|
|Price:||From (NZD) $150 per person|
|Door-to-door service from Paihia township in luxury, air conditioned, full size coaches purpose-built for passenger comfort and sandy beach conditions|
|Sand board equipment|
|A full commentary is provided in English by your driver guide. Printed guide sheets are available in German, Japanese and Mandarin|
- Watching the currents swirl as two oceans converge together off shore at Cape Reinga
- Sand boarding down giant sand dunes
- Wandering through the Kauri forest
- Listening to the commentary on Maori legends
- Driving and walking on the Ninety mile beach
- Fish & Chip lunch at Houhora Game Fishing Club (Vegetarian option is available on request)
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: Paihia. Complimentary pick up and drop off service from local accommodation must be pre-booked. This will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Departure Time: 7:15am
- Duration: 11 hours
- Return Details: Concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Child ages are 5-14 years inclusive (under 5 years are free of charge)
- Morning tea stop for refreshments (own expense).
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, walking shoes, camera and a change of clothes for sand boarding
- The tide on Ninety Mile Beach will determine whether your coach travels north or south along the beach and is at the driver’s discretion
- A full commentary is provided in English by your driver guide. Printed guide sheets are available in German, Japanese and Mandarin
- Experienced driver-guides providing full commentary.
- Daily departing city sightseeing tours.
- A modern fleet of luxury coaches specifically designed for sightseeing and touring around New Zealand.
- Glass roofed coaches on a number of tours.
- Multi-lingual commentary
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and drop-off service from inner city hotels. Pick-up and drop-off details must be advised at the time of booking.
There are 11 reviews of this tour from past clients of Relaxing Journeys, averaging 4.7 out of 5.
Booking Form: Cape Reinga & Ninety Mile Beach Tour
Departing from the Bay of Islands, this full day tour takes us to Cape Reinga, at the very top tip of New Zealand. Uncover the wild beauty of this vas... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary