Waitomo Glowworm Caves
Waitomo Glowworm Caves
Depart Rotorua journeying through across lush rolling farm landscape to the mystical Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Enjoy a guided tour through the cavernous Cathedral, on your journey through over 250 metres of stunning underground scenery. The acoustics in the Cathedral cavern are world-renowned. Acclaimed New Zealand Diva, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, has sung there and was delighted with the purity of the sound.
Proceed along a low narrow passage to "The Tomo", a deep limestone shaft. Listen to your experienced tour guide deliver a highly informative commentary about the formations and the history of the area.
The highlight is an unrivalled boat trip through the spectacular Glowworm Grotto where you will marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Meander underground along the Waitomo River and gaze in silence at the myriad of glowworm lights that make up the Glowworm Grotto.
As you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights, you'll immediately experience a serene ambience and be fascinated and intrigued by tiny glowworms that light your way.
Return to Rotorua this afternoon including Fitzgerald Glade - a section of highway where the native bush and trees form a canopy overhead.
|Tour Type:||Scenic Coach Day Tours|
|From:||Rotorua to Rotorua|
From (NZD) $216 per person
|Hotel pick-up from central locations|
|Lunch option is a picnic lunch served onboard the coach (vegetarian and other dietary options available on request)|
|Entrance to attractions as listed above|
|Luxury Coach Transport|
- The Boat Ride along the underground Waitomo River
- Feeling very close to the bright, little glowworms
- Excellent guides
- Feeling like the first people to reach the underground caverns
- Lake Karapiro
- Fitzgerald Glade
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: Tourism Rotorua, 1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua or Hotel pick-up from central locations
- Departure Time: 7:45am
- Duration: 6 hours appoximately
- Return Details: Tourism Rotorua or hotel drop-off to central locations
- Closed: Christmas Day
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Child ages are 3-14 years inclusive (under 3 years are free if sitting on a lap, but if a seat is required a child fare must be paid)
- Bring comfortable walking shoes and a warm jacket. The Waitomo Glowworm Caves are accessible to those with reasonable mobility, with good handrails and paths
- No smoking, food, drink or litter are permitted inside the caves
- Photography and video are not permitted inside the Glowworm Caves
- Experienced driver-guides providing full commentary.
- A modern fleet of luxury coaches specifically designed for sightseeing and touring around New Zealand.
- Glass roofed coaches on a number of tours.
- English commentary while headsets are available in Japanese, Spanish and Mandarin.
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and drop-off service from inner city hotels. Pick-up and drop-off details must be advised at the time of booking.
Booking Form: Waitomo Glowworm Caves
Depart Rotorua journeying through across lush rolling farm landscape to the mystical Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Enjoy a guided tour through the cavernous... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary