- Category: Scenic Coach Day Tours
- Avge Rating: 4 (1 Reviews)
- From: Auckland to Auckland
- Duration: 1/2 Day
- Tour Code: GS1S
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
Experience the best of Auckland's city highlights with a half-day scenic tour, followed by a trip up the famous Auckland Sky Tower.
Travel around the city centre and over the Auckland Harbour Bridge with its stunning views of the harbour and city skyline. Visit the Viaduct Harbour and Auckland's famous Queen Street, and enjoy the lush grounds of the Auckland Domain, the city's oldest park.
Pause for morning tea (own expense) in charming Parnell Village, a historic suburb which has been transformed into a unique boutique shopping experience. The tour continues along the waterfront to the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park, named after a much-respected Prime Ministers of New Zealand. With panoramic views of the harbour and beautiful formal gardens, it's a great spot to take photos.
After a scenic trip back along Tamaki Drive to the city, arrive at Auckland's Sky Tower, the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand at 328 metres high. Prepare yourself for breathtaking 360 degree views from the observation deck of this Auckland landmark. On a clear day you'll be able to gaze as far as 80 kilometres in all directions – it's the perfect way to get to know the city of Auckland and its surroundings.
Conclude your morning tour with a trip up the SkyTower, from where you can make your way home when you are ready.
- Auckland SkyTower views from the top
- Harbour Bridge
- Victoria Park Markets
- Ponsonby Road
- Wynyard Quarter – The big wheel (photo stop)
- Queen Street – Auckland’s main shopping and business district
- Auckland University
- Auckland Domain – the City’s oldest park
- Parnell Village – one of Auckland’s trendy café and shopping areas
- Tamaki Drive – scenic waterfront route.
- Michael Savage Memorial – beautiful views of the Waitemata Harbour
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point: SkyCity Travel Centre at 102 Hobson Street (near the Sky Tower), Auckland or from selected centrally located accommodations
- Departure Time: 9:45am & 2:30pm
- Duration: Half day
- Return Details: Tour concludes at SkyTower at your leisure (no hotel drop off available)
- Closed: Christmas Day
- Hotel pick-up from central locations
- Entrance to attractions as listed above
- Luxury Coach Transport
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Child ages are 3-12 years inclusive (under 3 years are free if sitting on a lap, but if a seat is required a child fare must be paid)
- On sunny days bring sunscreen, hat & sun glasses, as Auckland can get surprisingly hot
- Experienced driver-guides providing full commentary.
- Daily departing city sightseeing tours.
- A modern fleet of luxury coaches specifically designed for sightseeing and touring around New Zealand.
- Glass roofed coaches on a number of tours.
- Multi-lingual commentary
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and drop-off service from inner city hotels. Pick-up and drop-off details must be advised at the time of booking.
Tourism Industry Affiliations:
Discover Auckland & SkyTower Reviews
Reviews from past clients of Relaxing Journeys. 1 Reviews. Average Rating 4.0 of 5.
4The pick up from Skycity was not the best. It was not clear that the location was at the rear of the hotel and only after phone calls from the hotel staff and a rush through the kitchen, we got there 15 minutes late. At the end it did not matter as my wife and I were the only guests on that tour. The driver, a elderly gent from the continent, was very knowledgeable, but told us several times to ask questions if we want too, but he hardly gave time to do so. All in all, great tip, value for money.
- Overall Tour Rating
- Value For Money
- Tour Pace
- Relaxing Journeys Experience