Discover Waitomo from Auckland
Discover Waitomo from Auckland
Travel from Auckland south through the rich farmland of the Waikato to the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves (lunch available as a prebooked option - vegetarian and other dietary options available on request).
Journey underground on a subterranean adventure through limestone chambers and passages. Be suspended in awe and silence, surrounded by cave decorations and a galaxy of tiny living lights found in the Waitomo Glowworm Caves.
As you glide quietly beneath the lights of thousands of glowworms, it is only the gentle sound of dripping water that reminds you that you are deep underground and not beneath a star filled sky. Return to Auckland in the afternoon.
For over 100 years Waitomo Glowworm Caves have attracted millions of people from all over the world. The moment you enter this subterranean wonderland you'll discover an ancient underground labyrinth of limestone caves and grottos, and marvel at amazing stalactites and stalagmites - mother nature's decorations created by nature.
|Tour Type:||Scenic Coach Day Tours|
|From:||Auckland to Auckland|
|Price:||From (NZD) $255 per person|
|Price includes hotel pick-up and admissions|
|A complimentary morning snack|
|Optional pre-booked buffet lunch available (vegetarian and other dietary options available on request)|
|Luxury Coach Transport|
|Free WiFi available on board this tour|
- Rangiriri – historic Maori Land Wars Battle Site
- Ngaruawahia – home of the Maori King
- Waikato River – New Zealand’s longest river
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves – enjoy a guided tour through the long galleries and chambers of the caves, and a unique boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto, illuminated by thousand of tiny living lights.
- Price includes hotel pick-up and admissions
- A complimentary morning snack
- Optional pre-booked buffet lunch available (vegetarian and other dietary options available on request)
- Luxury Coach Transport
- Free WiFi available on board this tour
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure & Return Details: SkyCity Travel Centre at 102 Hobson Street (near the Sky Tower), Auckland or from selected centrally located accomodations
- Departure Time: 7:25am
- Duration: 8 hours (approximate)
- Closed: Christmas Day
Child prices for day tours apply to children aged 3 – 14 years (inclusive) and are generally 50% of the adult price. Children less than 3 years are free of charge, if not occupying a seat.
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher.
- Experienced driver-guides providing full commentary.
- Daily departing city sightseeing tours.
- A modern fleet of luxury coaches specifically designed for sightseeing and touring around New Zealand.
- Glass roofed coaches on a number of tours.
- English commentary while headsets are available in Japanese, Spanish and Mandarin.
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and drop-off service from inner city hotels. Pick-up and drop-off details must be advised at the time of booking.
There are 3 reviews of this tour from past clients of Relaxing Journeys, averaging 3.7 out of 5.
Booking Form: Discover Waitomo from Auckland
Travel from Auckland south through the rich farmland of the Waikato to the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves (lunch available as a prebooked option... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary