Kayak Doubtful Sound
Kayak Doubtful Sound
This is a Doubtful Sound trip not to be missed. Whether joining us in Te Anau or from Manapouri, this one day sea kayaking adventure is a truly unique way to experience just a taste of what this remote wilderness has to offer. A full day out with an experienced guide and small group of kayakers you’ll explore Deep Cove, Rolla Island as well as over to Olphert Cove and return.
Paddling amidst lush rain forest and waterfalls, and looking up at the towering cliffs from water level is an amazing sight.
Penguins, seals and dolphins are sometimes encountered and bird song breaks the stillness as we paddle along the shoreline. The day involves approximately 4-5 hours kayaking in this remote Fiordland wilderness.
Difficulty: Medium level of fitness and some water confidence required but no experience necessary
|Tour Type:||Adventure Tour|
|From:||Manapouri to Manapouri|
|Price:||From (NZD) $265 per person|
|Duration:||7 hours 45 minutes|
|4 - 5 hours on the water with the freedom to explore the fiord|
|Check out the wildlife (seals and occasionally penguins and dolphins) and marvel at the natural wonders of Mitre Peak, Pembroke Glacier and thundering waterfalls|
|Weather permitting, we’ll stop for lunch on a secluded beach. If an afternoon breeze comes up, we’ll raft our kayaks together and sail home.|
|Experienced kayak guides – who carry all the safety and emergency equipment, make all safety decisions, provide paddling advice and a comprehensive safety briefing|
|High-quality kayaking gear|
|Thermal top & leggings, wetsuit vest, paddle jacket, life jacket, dry bags, map, double kayak, paddles, group safety and emergency gear provided.|
- Frequency: Daily October – May
- Departure Point: Go Orange, Waiau Street, Pearl Harbour, Manapouri or Te Anau
- Departure Time:
- Ex Te Anau – 6:15am – 4:00pm
- Ex Manapouri – 6:45am – 3:30pm
- Duration: 7 hours, 45 minutes
- Closed: June – September
- Minimum of 2 people required to operate
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation of this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- It is essential that you contact us by 6.00pm the evening before your kayaking trip to give us the necessary information. 0800 200 434
- Competence in water and moderate fitness required
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Children under the age of 16 not permitted on tour
- What to bring: Lunch, snacks (if required), swimsuit or underwear, sandals or soft shoes, socks, towel, sun hat or warm hat, sunglasses and sunblock, water bottle, insect repellent, camera, rain jacket, dry clothes and alternative footwear for after kayaking.
- Please wear your swimsuit or kayaking underwear layer beneath warm clothes/waterproof jacket on pick-up (makes changing into paddling gear easier and quicker). The best way to carry your other gear to the launch point is in a backpack.
Booking Form: Kayak Doubtful Sound
This is a Doubtful Sound trip not to be missed. Whether joining us in Te Anau or from Manapouri, this one day sea kayaking adventure is a truly unique... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary