The Cream Trip - Day in the Bay
The Cream Trip - Day in the Bay
A day cruise designed for both nature lovers and those wanting to see all the highlights of the magnificent Bay of Islands in one day. This day trip is the most extensive historical cruise offered in the Bay of Islands.
Island deliveries – This cruise follows the path of the original 1927 ‘Cream Trip’ and will take you on a journey past the secluded islands of the Bay, delivering essential supplies and mail to island residents. This is an opportunity for you to see many of the inhabited islands and stunning homes upclose. On arrival at Cape Brett Lighthouse, the farthest post of the ‘original’ mail deliveries, we travel through the stunning Hole in the Rock at Cape Brett (conditions permitting) and take in the majestic Grand Cathedral Cave before heading back into the sheltered waters of the Bay.
Your journey also includes a visit to the Black Rocks, Marsden Cross (where in 1814 the first Christian sermon was held in NZ) and Urupukapuka Island (lunch will be available to purchase on board during the island stopover), a scenic walk or to relax on the white sandy beach.
Dolphin viewing and swimming with the dolphins – While on this cruise you may see dolphins in their natural environment. The Cream Trip is equipped with boom netting – a great way to get close to these wonderful creatures, even if you are not a confident swimmer in open water. Alternatively, enjoy snorkelling with these inquisitive creatures.
If the conditions are right - you can pay an additional NZ$15 direct per person onboard to swim with the dolphins! Hot showers, wetsuits and snorkel gear are all provided onboard the vessel.
|Tour Type:||Cruises & Sailing Adventures|
|From:||Bay of Islands to Bay of Islands|
|Price:||From (NZD) $129 per person|
|Duration:||6 hours 45 minutes|
|See how supples and mail are transported to island residents|
|Experience Cape Brett Lighthouse|
|Hole in the Rock Cruise|
|Visit to Black Rocks, Marsden Cross and Urupukapuka Island|
|Lunch is available to be purchased on board|
|Scenic walk along the beach|
|Opportunity to swim with the dolphins (weather permitting)|
|Hot showers, wetsuits and snorkel gear provided|
- Frequency: Daily From 21 October – 30 April
- Departure Point: Paihia Ferry Terminal
- Departure Time: 9:30am From Paihia or 9:40am from Russell
- Duration: 6 hours 45 minutes
- Return Details: 4:15pm From Paihia or 4:05pm From Russell
- Closed: 1 May – 20 October
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to operate
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Bring a towel, swim wear, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, walking shoes and your camera. In winter months we advise dressing warmly – jackets and warm clothes recommended
- Child ages are 5-14 years inclusive
Booking Form: The Cream Trip - Day in the Bay
A day cruise designed for both nature lovers and those wanting to see all the highlights of the magnificent Bay of Islands in one day. This day trip i... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary