Taste of Waiheke
Taste of Waiheke
Escape to a warmer climate and clear airs of Waiheke Island; a stunning 40 minutes ferry cruise through the Hauraki Gulf from Auckland. Your tour guide will greet you on arrival at the wharf.
On the island, two excellent wineries, featured in Time Magazine, are visited for wine tasting's. They are Stonyridge Vineyard with its 'Larose' vintage, which has "sweet blackberry, cassis and plum notes", and Mudbrick Vineyard with its 'Reserve Merlot Cabernet'.
At Stonyridge Vineyard you will enjoy a tour, tastings and a sumptuous light lunch. Next stop is Rangihoua Estate, where the annual Olive Festival is held in November. Tennis star Martina Navratilova orders her olive oil by the case direct from the owners.
A stop at Casita Miro will leave you enchanted with the tastes and feelings of the Mediterranean.
A final tastings is at the beautiful Mudbrick Vineyard with its famous red wines mentioned before. Once the tour is over, you have the choice of board the next ferry back home, or using your 'All Day Bus Pass' to further explore the island, with its artists, beaches and wineries.
|Tour Type:||Wine, Food & Vineyard Tours|
|From:||Auckland to Auckland|
|Price:||From (NZD) $165 per person|
|Entrance to attractions as listed above|
|Light lunch at Stonyridge Vineyard|
|Ferry to Waiheke Island|
|All Day Bus Pass on Waiheke Island|
|Luxury Coach Transport|
- 40 minute Ferry trip to Waiheke Island
- Guided tour of 3 wineries & 1 olive growing estate on Waiheke Island
- Light lunch included at Stonyridge Vineyard
- Freedom to further explore the island with the All Day Bus Pass
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily
- Departure Point: Pier 2, Ferry terminal, 99 Quay Street, Downtown Auckland
- Departure Time: 10.30am or 11.00am during Winter (9 Apr to 15 Oct)
- Duration: 5.5 hours
- Return Details: Tour concludes at Downtown Auckland Ferry Terminal
- Closed: Christmas Day, Anzac Day & Easter Friday.
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- This tour is appropriate for 18 year olds and over
- On sunny days bring sunscreen, hat & sun glasses, as Auckland can get surprisingly hot
- Experienced driver-guides providing full commentary
- Maximum passengers is 36
- A modern fleet of coaches
There are 36 reviews of this tour from past clients of Relaxing Journeys, averaging 4.4 out of 5.
Booking Form: Taste of Waiheke
Escape to a warmer climate and clear airs of Waiheke Island; a stunning 40 minutes ferry cruise through the Hauraki Gulf from Auckland. Your tour guid... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary