- Category: Cruises & Sailing Adventures
- Avge Rating: 5 (1 Reviews)
- From: Auckland to Auckland
- Duration: 2 Hour
- Tour Code: AC
- Compare Tour
Add to Wishlist1 item has been added to your wishlist
View Wishlist | Not Now
Tour ItineraryJoin us for an unforgettable two hour sail!
A unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America’s Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the ride as we sail the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
The America’s Cup is the world’s oldest and most prestigious sporting trophy and ultimate yachting regatta. Usually the domain of billionaires and elite professional "yachties", NZL 40 and NZL 41 offer the unique opportunity for everyone to participate sailing on these grand prix racing machines.
Board the the famous NZL40, or NZL41, and take the helm; feel the powerful winds drive the magnificent beast across the Waitemata Harbour. Expend energies on the grinders and winches to manoeuvre the massive sails to the maximum advantage. This is a unique opportunity to participate in sailing a grand prix racing machine, even if you decide to sit back and just enjoy the ride. No experience is necessary.
- Board NZL40 or NZL41 authentic America's Cup Yachts
- Crew, Helm, Grind, Winch, Sail... the choice is yours
- Life jackets and wet weather gear available
- Bonus Inclusion: Entry to the Maritime Museum, including Blue Water Black Magic exhibition. A tribute to Sir Peter Blake and New Zealand's extraordinary yachting success
Schedule & Duration
- Frequency: Daily (weather permitting)
- Departure Point: Viaduct Harbour, Auckland
- Departure Time: 1.00pm (April – Oct) 11.00am & 2.00pm (Nov – Mar)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Return Details: Concludes at original point of departure
- Closed: Christmas Day
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Children must be 10 years or older. Child fare is 10 to 15 years inclusive. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for pregnant women or people with medical disabilities, wheelchairs can be accommodated with favourable weather. Please consult skipper prior to departure
- Covered footwear should be worn
- In winter months we advise dressing warmly - jackets and warm clothes recommended
- Experienced crew providing full commentary
- Maximum 30 passengers per boat
Enhance Your Visit To New Zealand
If you are joining one of our independent coach tours, escorted coach tours, short break holidays or self drive tours and have a free day or two, why not add the 'America's Cup Sailing Experience' to your New Zealand itinerary?
Tourism Industry Affiliations:
America's Cup Sailing Experience Reviews
Reviews from past clients of Relaxing Journeys. 1 Reviews. Average Rating 5.0 of 5.
5The America's Cup Sailing Experience was the highlight of our trip! Perfect for those that sail and those that 'don't'. We spent two fun, active hours
out in the Harbour. Th skipper and crew were energetic, friendly and made sure everyone participated. Both my husband and I felt we got a great deal for the money spent.
- Overall Tour Rating
- Value For Money
- Tour Pace
- Relaxing Journeys Experience