Full Day Sleeping God Canyon
Full Day Sleeping God Canyon
The Sleeping God canyon tour is a vertical descent of over three hundred metres down a steep set of waterfalls involving abseils/rappels of up to 80 metres, exhilarating water slides and jumps as high as 14 metres into deep dark pools which are guaranteed to thrill the most intrepid explorer!
The journey starts at the bottom of the valley floor with a brief korero (talk) about the area history, including the pre-european and kauri logging history. Then the hikoi (walk) begins as we ascend to the top of the river and into the top of the canyon where the views are grand and the experience of what you are about to do finally hits you! We then put our gear on and start the descent after receiving safety instructions, an abseiling lesson and a traditional karakia (prayer) before dropping over the first 30 metre waterfall.
|Tour Type:||Zipline Tour|
|From:||Thames to Thames|
|Price:||From (NZD) $390 per person|
|All equipment including footwear|
|BBQ Burger snacks & drinks|
- Frequency: Departs daily
- Departure Point: Department of Conservation (DOC) visitors centre 995 Kauaeranga Valley Road, Thames
- Departure Times: 8.30am
- Duration: 8 hours approximately
- Return Times: 5.30pm
- Closed: Christmas Day
- Minimum of 3 passengers required to operate
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Minimum age is 15 years, with no child discounts applicable.
- Times vary considerably depending on the numbers and client ability.
- Big jumps are optional, abseils/rappels are not.
- Canyonz may cancel any trip at their discretion based on weather forecasts and water levels deeming the trip unsafe to operate.
- Bring a water bottle, sunscreen, swim-wear, a towel and something warm to put on afterwards.
Health and fitness requirements
- Participants must be moderately fit – e.g. be able to go bush walking or skiing for a day.
- They should not be heavily overweight or suffer from serious health problems such as heart complaints or significant back complaints.
- All medical issues must be declared when checking in and also when asked by your guides.
- In most cases, minor medical issues will not preclude participation. However, it is important that the booking staff and activity guides are made aware of any issues prior to commencement of the activity for your safety and the safety of others
Booking Form: Full Day Sleeping God Canyon
The Sleeping God canyon tour is a vertical descent of over three hundred metres down a steep set of waterfalls involving abseils/rappels of up to 80 m... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary