Auckland Wine Country with Lunch
Auckland Wine Country with Lunch
The wineries of Kumeu date back to the 1930s when wine families of Croatian origin established winemaking in the area. These families are still living and working in the area today, making some of New Zealand's most renowned wines. These vineyards contrast with the spectacular coastal scenery of the area.
Your first tasting is at award winning Soljans Vineyard. By skilfully marrying traditional with modern techniques, they produce stylish, richly flavoured wines. Enjoy lunch at Soljans Winery restaurant which has been built with sunshine in mind and serves Mediterranean-style food with a New Zealand twist, showcasing fresh seasonal produce from around the region. Next to tempt the taste buds is Matua Valley Wines who offer an extensive range of wines for every unique taste and occasion. You can choose from premium wine that has been crafted to cellar, right through to the everyday offering, ready to enjoy now.
Next you visit one of the region’s special places where you have the chance to see one of the world’s largest seabirds in their natural environment. Your journey takes you to one of the few mainland gannet nesting sites in the world situated on the cliff-tops overlooking the Tasman Sea. Here you get a close-up of gannet behaviour without disturbing their environment. The views extend for miles along the wild, black, iron sand beach of Muriwai.
Your final tasting is at West Brook Winery. The West Brook cellar door looks across an idyllic duck pond and terraced picnic area to row after row of vines. The wines reflect true varietal character and their unique regional origins. Without exception they are premium quality and have won numerous awards.
|Tour Type:||Wine, Food & Vineyard Tours|
|From:||Auckland to Auckland|
|Price:||From (NZD) $265 per person|
|Visit 3 award-winning wineries & wine tastings|
|Vineyard lunch with a glass of wine|
|Muriwai Beach (with gannet colony August to April)|
|Free pick up & drop off from inner city accommodation|
|Luxury air-conditioned vehicle|
- Frequency: Departs daily
- Departure Point: Free pick up & drop off from inner city accommodation
- Departure Time: at 12.30pm
- Duration: 4.5 hours approximately
- Return Details: Tour returns at 5:15pm
- Closed: Christmas Day, Public Holidays
- Minimum 2 people required to book this tour.
- Wineries and lunch location included may change depending on day of week
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher.
Booking Form: Auckland Wine Country with Lunch
The wineries of Kumeu date back to the 1930s when wine families of Croatian origin established winemaking in the area. These families are still living... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary