Akaroa Nature Cruise
Akaroa Nature Cruise
Voted the number 1 wildlife activity in New Zealand, your award winning cruise is packed with highlights including the rare, NZ native dolphin – the Hector’s Dolphin, as well as penguins and other sea birds. And you’ll see giant volcanic sea cliffs and hear about Akaroa’s fascinating past. Cruises depart every day, weather permitting.
Your modern catamaran, the 60 foot /20 metre Black Cat (previously the Canterbury Cat), is perfect for viewing the natural wonders of Akaroa Harbour. Our vessel is the largest and most luxurious on the harbour. There’s lots of room on the two decks for unimpeded viewing and plenty of covered seating, for shade and shelter. Inside there’s a bar and toilets. And the Black Cat is both stable and safe. Relax, stretch out and discover the harbour with our award winning Black Cat Cruise team. Each cruise is fully narrated by your skipper who has extensive knowledge of the nature, wildlife and history of the harbour.
Also on the trip you will catch glimpses of the White Flippered Blue Penguin, the smallest penguin in the world. There are many different bird species in the harbour, including five different cormorant (shag) species and the endangered yellow-eyed penguin. You’ll also see New Zealand Fur Seals sunning themselves on the rocks near Seal Bay.
|Tour Type:||Cruises & Sailing Adventures|
|From:||Akaroa to Akaroa|
|Price:||From (NZD) $85 per person|
|Full commentary from the skipper|
|Full bar facilities on board|
|Free tea & coffee|
|Optional photo pack|
- Frequency: Daily all year round
- Departure Point: Main Wharf, Akaroa (check in 30 minutes prior)
- Departure Time: 11:00am & 1:30pm
- Duration: 2 hours
- Return Details: 1:00pm & 3:30pm (all year) 5:40pm (Dec-Mar) at original point of departure
- Closed: Operates all year round
What To Bring
- Walking Shoes
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to operate
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher
- Child ages are 5-15 years inclusive, under 5’s cruise free
Booking Form: Akaroa Nature Cruise
Voted the number 1 wildlife activity in New Zealand, your award winning cruise is packed with highlights including the rare, NZ native dolphin – the... Read More
Click on each area to view more information.
Upgrade this tour by adding one of our carefully selected optional tours & activities or go ahead and request a quote to guarantee your spot.
You can also create your dream holiday by using our custom itinerary planner.
Create your Custom Itinerary