Combine the thrills of a scenic helicopter flight over the Franz Josef Glacier with a unique guided walk amongst the ice caves, pinnacles and crevices of this pristine, alpine environment.
You’ll enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding mountains with plenty of photo opportunities and the chance to learn more about this magnificent glacier.
Your guide chooses the route as you go for the most spectacular ice formations and will lead you into icefall terrain that is usually seen only by experienced mountaineers. With a spotless safety record, rigid assessments, and using exclusive quality equipment, your safety and enjoyment is taken care of. This will almost certainly be your most memorable experience whilst in New Zealand!
Admission is included to the Franz Josef Glacier hot pools where you will be able to enjoy a hot bathe amongst the rainforest!
– Scenic helicopter flight with ice landing
– Up to 2 hours on the ice
– All equipment provided – socks and sturdy boots, ice crampons with small waist bag, waterproof over-trousers & jacket (also woollen hats and gloves if required)
– Informative commentary during the guided walk
– Admission to the Glacier Hot Pools
– Professional and experienced guides