Passport & Visa Requirements
Ensuring you have the appropriate Passports and Visas before leaving home is the key to a trouble free entry into New Zealand.
All visitors to New Zealand must carry a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the date you intend to leave the country, or one month past the date you intend to leave if the government issuing your passport has consular representation in New Zealand.
You do not need a visa or permit to visit New Zealand if you are:
- A New Zealand citizen or Resident Permit holder
- An Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport
- An Australian resident with a current Australian resident return visa
- A citizen of a country which has a visa waiver agreement with New Zealand.
Currently travellers from more than 50 countries do not require a Visitor’s Visa for stays less than three months. You do require:
- A passport that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
- An onward or return ticket to a country that you have permission to enter
- Sufficient money to support yourself during your stay – approximately NZ$1000 per month per person
- if you have stayed in New Zealand for up to three months previously you may need to apply for a visa
To find out if your country qualifies for a visa waiver, check out the Visa Free Countries of the New Zealand Immigration Service website, where you’ll find a list of all eligible countries and other useful visa information. Your airline or nearest New Zealand Embassy will also be able to advise you if you require a visa.
British citizens and other British passport holders who have evidence of the right to live permanently in the UK may be allowed to stay in New Zealand for up to six months.
TRAVELLING TO NEW ZEALAND VIA AUSTRALIA
If you are travelling through an Australian airport on your way to or from New Zealand, you may need to apply for an Australian transit visa before travelling. Some travellers to Australia do not need to apply for a visa to transit if they meet certain criteria. For further information relating to this visa and details on how to apply please refer to http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/771.aspx
VISITOR’S VISA APPLICATIONS
If your country is not on the visa waiver list, or you wish to stay longer than three months, you will need to apply for a Visitor’s Visa. You can download application forms from the Visitor Visa from the New Zealand Immigration Service website, or contact your nearest New Zealand Embassy.
- Plan Your Relaxing Journey
- Custom Itinerary
- How Do I Book My Holiday?
- Why Choose To Book With Us?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Zealand Driving Guide
- Know Before You Go
- Flying to & Around New Zealand
- Best time to travel to New Zealand
- Passport & Visa Requirements
- New Zealand Destination Guide
- Terms & Conditions