Leaving Queenstown travel north through the historic gold mining region of the rugged Kawarau River Gorge to the famous fruit growing region of Cromwell. Skirting the shores of Lake Dunstan pass through the Lindis Pass to Omarama for a morning tea stop (own expense).
Continue through the rugged high country landscape of the Mackenzie Basin to arrive at Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park, Australasia’s highest mountain at 3754 metres. As you arrive into Mount Cook Village you will be mesmerised by the alpine surroundings of this truly unique region.
The Hermitage, Mt Cook - with panoramic views of Aoraki/Mount Cook enjoy a full buffet lunch (available as a pre-booked option) or take time to explore the Mount Cook Village.
Experience an optional scenic flight with The Helicopter Line or Mount Cook Ski Planes over this spectacular alpine region (own expense, this flight can be arranged with your driver/guide), before returning by coach to Queenstown.
- Kawarau River Gorge
- Cromwell - famous fruit growing region, notable for its stonefruit
- Lake Dunstan - created by the mighty Clyde hydro dam
- Lindis Pass to Omarama - for a morning tea stop (own expense)
- Mackenzie Basin
- Lake Pukaki
- Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park
- Mount Cook Village
- Clay Cliffs Estate Vineyard Cafe - wine tasting (own expense)
- Price includes hotel pick-up and admissions
- Luxury Coach Transport
- Frequency: Daily. All year round
- Departure Point:, The Station Information Centre, Queenstown or from selected centrally located accomodations
- Departure Time: 8:00am
- Duration: 10.5 hours
- Return Details: Tour concludes at 6:30pm at The Station Information Centre, Queenstown
- Closed: Christmas Day
Child prices for day tours apply to children aged 3 - 12 years (inclusive) and are generally 50% of the adult price. Children less than 3 years are free of charge, if not occupying a seat.
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated.
- Complete operator information, including opening times and local contact telephone numbers are included on your e-voucher.
- Experienced driver-guides providing full commentary.
- Daily departing city sightseeing tours.
- A modern fleet of luxury coaches specifically designed for sightseeing and touring around New Zealand.
- Glass roofed coaches on a number of tours.
- English commentary while headsets are available in Japanese, Spanish and Mandarin.
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and drop-off service from inner city hotels. Pick-up and drop-off details must be advised at the time of booking.
Tourism Industry Affiliations: